Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, August 15

Two Years Old

Monkey,

It is completely and utterly impossible that you are 2. It is so absolutely heartbreaking and wonderful all at the same time! It breaks my heart to know that you are longer Mommy’s baby, but it so gratifying to see you as the beautiful “big girl” that you have become. I started the second year of your life writing you letters every three months. You may one day notice that is has been six months since your last letter. Before you begin to think that I totally forgot, or just didn’t feel like it, I must explain to you just how many times I sat down to write your letter and struggled so badly to put ‘you’ into words that I simply gave up. I can barely look at you and listen to you without being overwhelmed, much less put it into writing. You are the most amazing and fantastic thing I have ever laid eyes on. But, I know I have to find a way to put these things on paper if I want to recapture the memories later, so here goes…

First of all, you finally got tubes in your ears. May 31st. You have not had a single ear infection or even a runny nose since. Hallelujah! My only regret is not doing it a year ago. You wear an “Ear Bandit” when you’re near water to keep it out of your ears and it tends to annoy you sometimes, but I think it’s pretty adorable!

You experienced your first Easter in which you actually got to participate in the fun. We got you up early and got you all dolled up for church with Aunt Betty and Uncle Tom. And while you were gone the Easter Bunny delivered Big, beautiful baskets for you and Cousin Audrey. Once you dug through your baskets and played with your new toys, we all went out to Mima and Grandpa’s for an egg hunt. You grasped the concept right away and impressed Mommy with your ability to seek out and gather the eggs.

You also experienced your first circus in April. You were initially terrified of the clowns but warmed up to them as the day progressed. You loved seeing the elephants and the bears and even experienced your first pony ride!

We went on our first family vacation in May! The three of us, along with cousin Audrey, took a week long trip to San Antonio. We went to the San Antonio Zoo, the River Walk and Children’s Museum and to Sea World. While I’m convinced you had fun, you had an ear infection while we were there and obviously didn’t feel well. But you were a trooper as always and the trip was quite enjoyable, for the most part. There was a moment in the car when you called out, “Here Mama,” and when I turned around to see what you were offering me, I was terrified to find your lap and car seat covered in your hair. You had pulled out most of your hair in the back. Mommy was heartbroken. But, when we got back home we had Mommy’s friend Rachelle even it up and now it looks very cute.

We have spent a lot of time outside this summer. You got a new swing set and Papa bought you a new slide and Grammy bought you a new tricycle, all of which you love! And of course you still love to blow bubbles and have recently taken up watering Mommy’s flowers. You have had a few wading pools and like to sit in very shallow water. We have taken you to the new splash park a number of times but you are more interested in walking the perimeter of the park than actually partaking in the splashing. Daddy has had a four-wheeler for the last few months and nothing excites you more than rides with Daddy. We have spent a few dog days at Grammy’s house riding the four-wheeler and you even had your first fishing trip!

Mommy took you in for your 2-year check up earlier this week. You are still “perfect” and weigh in at 26 1/1 lbs and are 36 ½ inches tall. This puts you at 43% for weight and 97% for height. You are fabulous in every way!

While Mommy has enjoyed the last six months more than any other time in her life, I recently went back to work. It was very, very hard on Mommy and occasionally you cry when I leave for work, but it was something I had to do. I will always cherish the months that we shared every day together. I miss you like crazy when I’m away from you. While I have obviously loved you since the day I met you, I am more in love with you today than I ever thought possible. I am fascinated by you and can’t wait to see what you’ll do next or what will come out of your mouth next. You captivate my heart at every opportunity. I adore every inch of you and look forward to another two years and many, many more.

Love, love, love,
Mommy

No comments: